QiaoQin's Thoughts

Sunday, December 02, 2007

My First FULL MARATHON ~ 42.195KM




YES! I did it! I completed my first marathon 42.195km. Finally get my FINISHER-Tee! So Happy, Happy,Happy :D Happier than getting an A for exams.





Was still wondering whether I can complete it w/o much training.





On the eve of the race ate alot at SUSHI TEI with secondary school friends while they celebrated my 24th birthday 3 weeks in advance.





I didnt carbo load enough.





The RACE start at 530am today.





The AFRICAN contestants really have very very very STRONG & LONG LEGS!!! Their one step was equivalent to my 10 steps.





The first 27km was still okay where I was able to run continuosly w/o walking. Until 28km where ECP was a tortue and everyone starts to limp their legs and walking, and I started Running,Skipping and Jumping, Running,Skipping and Jumping. My kneecap starts to 抗议 then.



At that point. I was really HUNGRY and energy used up [P/S: I only brought 1 PowerGel with me when it was advisible to have at least 5 PowerGels for a FULL MARATHON] . Had my one and only personal PowerGel at 15km.





When I saw the sign : 150m away from POWERBAR/POWERGEL, I was so excited and can't wait to have one sponser by the organiser. I run and run but the 150m seems never ending, it seems that I have already ran 400m.





Then, I asked one of the runners: "Hey do u know when will we be reaching the PowerBar/PowerGel station?"





He replied: " We have ran past the station, all distributed out, no more left."





No more left! OMG! My energy is already really used up, I am really damn hungry!





I was demoralised at that time. An uncle ran past and encourage me to "Keep it up! Keep it up!" I said to him sadly: " Why no more PowerBar? I am so hungry...:( ".





He said: " Come on! Don't let this affect you. Don't think about it and run!"




I am really hungry.






Then, another 1 or 2km, I saw my saviour! BANANAS! I saw those helpers eating BANANAS! The bananas were not for the runners, the helpers bought it for themseleves. And I saw a plastic bag with a big bunch of bananas inside!!! I ran over to one of the helper and held her hands like a HUNGRY GHOST: "Please can I have a banana...I missed the PowerBar....Please, I am really hungry.." and she gave me two. "Oh, 谢谢你"! I cried out loudly:)





After HITTING THE WALL (i.e. 30km) , almost everyone were walking and so do I, I was Running and Walking, Running and Walking...





I have some interesting encounters during the run:





Scenario (1)





A participant told me that we have to complete the FULL MARATHON within 7hours in order to be able to get the FINISHER-Tee.





I was like: Hur,Hur,Hur???





Then along one strench, Isaw the helpers having their lunchboxes, hur is already around 12pm...Then one of the cheer leading people shouted out: "It's 1228 le!" Omg! My FINISHER-tee! :( [P/S: I didn't wear a watch with me, so I am not sure of the time exactly].





For the last 8km, the whole strench of runners were not having Marathon BUT Walkathon le, and I am also refering to the many many many STRONG-LOOKING MUSCULAR guys.





Scenario (2)





Overheard a bunch of strong tough looking guys saying: "Eh, 前面的Uncle( around 5os I think) 竟然走得比我们快! 真丢脸。” I was giggling secretly.





Scenario (3)





Guy: " Hey first time running FULL MARATHOn?"





Me:" Ya and I start mentiong about the PowerBar thing..."





Guy: "What's your number?"





Me: "3165" (P/S: My Race Tag Number)





Guy:"No, I mean your handphone number?"





Me:" Haha, ermm I don't think is convenient to give you."








For the last 8km we were having WALKATHON le...





Until the last 300m when all the organiser cameras were standing by taking photos of us, I picked up and start RUNNING!





冲了!!! And there I FINALLY reach the FINISHER line.





I look up the Organiser Main Timer from the start of the race it indicates : 7 07 [P/S: The Official Results will be released and post later].





Yeah! I got my FINISHER TEE ~FINISHER of 42.195KM.





Yes! I did it! :)



7 hours under the hot sun! My skin condition is CUI le:(




Now my legs are so pain! Especially the kneecaps. And I still have three interviews to attend for the coming week! Oh no! I am afraid it will jeopardize my interviews lehz..Worried...I can't imagine how the interviewers (i.e. the Partners) react if they see me coming in with limping legs?!




And I can't take MC or leave for my temporary job tomorrow as I have already taken up so many half-day leaves from Tuesday to Friday for my Module Registration and Interviews. I will feel bad and my boss will surely condemn me if I take leave on Monday too;-(




My favourite motto: ' It's not how we begin that matters, is the FINAL DESTINATIONand Most Importantly The Journey Itself!'


Keep saying "Its Just The Begining"





[More Photos to be uploaded later]





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home