The AGD Talk
Went for this Accountant General Department (AGD) talk/networking session held in school today. Is under the government bodies, under MOF anyway.
Wow...the career prospects looks good, even better than the BIG 4 and it will expose you to lots of new learning experiences and wide job exposure where you get to assign on various projects, flying overseas for study trips and need to meet those big shots from various countries (e.g. Accounting Standard Bodies of the US, Vice-Presidents from various famous banks etc...) where you discuss policies, issues, internal operations and controls that should be in place within their companies.
Starting pay for Local Accountancy Graduates: $2,650 (W/o NS)
Overseas study trips
Ample of growth opportunities
Job scopes includes examining financial issues, developing policies, forecasting and monitoring Government fiscal and debt position and investment performance and implementing systems and solutions and lots of CHALLENGING projects.
BUT look at the job requirements:
Job Requirements:
- A Good Honours Degree in Accountancy.- Preferably 2 to 4 years of working experience in large corporations or international public accounting firms.- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills.- A team player who is versatile, self-motivated and possesses good interpersonal skills(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.)
Haha so hard to get in! I am not even a 2nd upper.
Need to be able to bring up the CAPACITY to present the reviews and recommended policies to people who are of high standing, e.g. Accounting Standard Bodies of the US, Vice-Presidents from various famous banks etc... I doubt I have the ability given my poor English articulation.
Working in AGD gives a MEANINGFUL PURPOSE in life, in a career as you are helping the country, the Singapore citizens to prosper, having a say and stand in examining financial issues, developing policies, forecasting and monitoring Government fiscal and debt position and investment performance and implementing systems and solutions. It's a job statisfaction where you get to contribute to the society, and you work with a meaning, a purpose to better the society.
Is really a very challenging job. BUT i doubt my ability, am afraid that I couldnt have the capacity to interact and convey my ideas to such big shots being in Singapore and from all over the world (Imagine, the people from the US Accounting Standard Bodies). Ha, being able to do so , I think it would be a dream for me.
I must be dreaming...
Wow...the career prospects looks good, even better than the BIG 4 and it will expose you to lots of new learning experiences and wide job exposure where you get to assign on various projects, flying overseas for study trips and need to meet those big shots from various countries (e.g. Accounting Standard Bodies of the US, Vice-Presidents from various famous banks etc...) where you discuss policies, issues, internal operations and controls that should be in place within their companies.
Starting pay for Local Accountancy Graduates: $2,650 (W/o NS)
Overseas study trips
Ample of growth opportunities
Job scopes includes examining financial issues, developing policies, forecasting and monitoring Government fiscal and debt position and investment performance and implementing systems and solutions and lots of CHALLENGING projects.
BUT look at the job requirements:
Job Requirements:
- A Good Honours Degree in Accountancy.- Preferably 2 to 4 years of working experience in large corporations or international public accounting firms.- Strong analytical, writing and communication skills.- A team player who is versatile, self-motivated and possesses good interpersonal skills(Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.)
Haha so hard to get in! I am not even a 2nd upper.
Need to be able to bring up the CAPACITY to present the reviews and recommended policies to people who are of high standing, e.g. Accounting Standard Bodies of the US, Vice-Presidents from various famous banks etc... I doubt I have the ability given my poor English articulation.
Working in AGD gives a MEANINGFUL PURPOSE in life, in a career as you are helping the country, the Singapore citizens to prosper, having a say and stand in examining financial issues, developing policies, forecasting and monitoring Government fiscal and debt position and investment performance and implementing systems and solutions. It's a job statisfaction where you get to contribute to the society, and you work with a meaning, a purpose to better the society.
Is really a very challenging job. BUT i doubt my ability, am afraid that I couldnt have the capacity to interact and convey my ideas to such big shots being in Singapore and from all over the world (Imagine, the people from the US Accounting Standard Bodies). Ha, being able to do so , I think it would be a dream for me.
I must be dreaming...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home