QiaoQin's Thoughts

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Confused ~ Advice needed

I have went to 3 out of the 4 interviews invited by the Big Four. One more PwC interview to go on coming Monday.

Offers have been received le.

The starting pay for all four are standardize for all known.

My priority is the Learning Curve and the firm's Culture


Confused! In a dilemma, which one should I choose?



The Interviews:

1.) KPMG: The firm with the STEEPEST learning curve but also you need to slogged the most.

KPMG categorize the starting pay into 3 different catogories. (P/S: Not convenient to mention here)

Was interviwed by this audit partner from US in-charge of US GAAP (P/s: Luckily never ask me anything about US GAAP, I only know FIN 46 on SPE)

The partner presented the offer letter straight after the interview.

Got the highest pay offer from them.

The interviewer, the Audit Partner even personally email his sincerity and encouragment to join his firm after the interview session.

Was 受宠珞惊。

BUT I can't feel any warm over there. This COLD feeling. Imagine most of my time spend would be at work.


2.) Deloitte : The smallest firm among the BIG four but they have this very OPEN-CONCEPT where associate can jus freely communicate with the managers, partners. Friendly working environment. The scenery view at Deloitte was breathtaking ~ The PSA facing the sea view is so beautiful and serene that will take your troubles away.

I enjoyed the interview session with the Deloitte very much. Can feel how freely you can communicate with the management level.

The EY interviwer advise me to take the clientee base that each firm has as a consideration as it matters on our exposure which will have a significant impact on the resume.

Only then after EY interview, when I got home and read the offer email by Deloitte, was attached to : "Audit or Global Financial Service Industry"

The word "Global Financial Service Industry" puts me into another dilemma here.

Though Deloitte is small but they are willing to offer me the attachment to the "Global Financial Service Industry" which is a good stepping stone to the Financial/Banking Industry later.

Though Deloitte's Banking Sector clienteel base is the smallest, but is very hard to get into the Global Financial Service Industry team for the other three firms as the audit for Banking Industry is very specialised and in demand.

伤脑精。

3.) Ernst and Young : Will only be inform whether I will be offered on coming Monday.

I nearly fell down from the stairs when the interviewer led me from 18th floor to interview room at 17th floor when talking to him. 真丢脸!丑死了!


The interview session with EY was more like a sharing seesion.

The 3rd time answering " Tell me more about yourself":

I was laughing when he asked me how many time answering this question le. Hahaha.....

He was asking how do I feel about PwC as I intern there before. What are my concerns when choosing the firms.

Then he analyze the pros and cons working at each Big 4 on the firms clienteel base, market share, leraning curve wise etc...

Chatting with him and he sounds that he is going to offer me but the result of the interview with EY will only be released on Monday.

Interview with EY ends with an office tour round their new office at One Raffles Quay ~ Sui.

4.) PricewaterhouseCoopers : My previous Poly attachment firm. Offering the Best Welfare that everyone dreams and the Largest and Best Client Portfolio BUT with the flatest Learning Curve.

Will go for PwC interview on Monday for fun as I have already made up my mind not to choose it as its learning curve is quite flat. I don't have the time to learn slowly le. Look at my age compared to my peers.



How to choose? Confusion. Advice pls.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home