10km Sheares Bridge Run ~ I did it!

YES, I did it! Completed the 10 km Sheares Bridge Run in 70mins. This is the first time that I ran 10km (P/s: Usually my ECP run is only up to 8km).
Woke up at 515am this morny, supposed to meet my running buddy, Lawrence and his friends at 7am at UOB Plaza. Had only 3 little buns during my bus journey to CityHall. I expected to reach on time BUT just before the CHIMJES junction, the bus just stopped and jammed at the spot w/o any moving progress for 15mins due to the AHM which started early 545am and there was too many runners that the vehicles on the road just had to give way to the runners. Decided to get off the bus and walked over to UOB Plaza from SMU bus stop. Was so hungry before I even started the race. Luckily, I was able to grab a cup of hot pipping MILO from Mac before getting to the starting point. I was energized after having the HOT MILO and was ready for my run.
Wow, so many people...u just can't get started with the jam at the starting point (P/s: Starting point is between Esplanade and Fullerton One). Managed to squeeze myself through the crowd and started running from Fullerton One at 810am. Got my timing right. Yes, the journey begins. Keeping Lawrence motto in mind: It's not how we begin that matters, but our FINAL DESTINATION & most importantly the journey itself... There I goes.
Enjoying my run through Shenton Way towards Sheares Bridge overcoming obstacles barriers in between to squeeze through the crowd for greater space for running. So far so good, feeling better and better and more energize as I ran. Was extremely careful when I tried to jump and hop over the barriers for greater space as I do not want to get myself any cuts again on my kneecaps which I just had a week ago. The weather was fine when we started our race~cooling and was supposed that it's going to rain soon. Ha...as expected the rain starts to pour after I completed 4km along Sheares Bridge. The journey was getting tough with the heavy rainfall, road was getting slippery and it just gets heavier and heavier but just don't care about it and continued with the run. Along the route, there were a few meaningful quotes which push mi to move forward. My fav quote was : "I always thought my gift was not my physical ability BUT my mental ability." There were 2 other quotes which I find meaningful after the 7km and 8km junction which wrote: It's not whether you are being knocked over BUT whether you are able to get up. & You are not finished when you are defeated BUT you are finished when you quit. Move on move on... I got to know the taste of the rain today being under the rain for so long, 雨的味道是苦的。 Grab the cold milo at the water checkpoint to get a sweet taste. Yea, almost reaching the destination soon as I saw the Merlion from far again..hee The sunshine came out again... Come on Come on 给我感觉。。。给我给我真的感觉。。。跑就跑。。。Feel the run...Saw Victoria concert hall...last sprint along Supreme Court...there Padang the FINAL DESTINATION! Time: 920am. Total time taken: 1 h and 10 mins for the continuos 10km run. FEELS GOOD! Surprisely, I don't feel tired at all after the run and I even feel wanted to continue running. Hmmm... Mr Peter Lim (my sec sch PE teacher was right) , it's better that we split our runs into about 3km to 4km each time in diff days per week rather than ruuning a long dist of 7km at a go so that our legs won't feel heavy as time passes. The last time I had 7km was 3 weeks ago. Remebering that there was a period where I ran constantly 7km per week and having skipping rope for consecutive 3 days w/o giving my legs a rest until an extent that my legs became heavy as I ran. Feel better this time round, my legs did not feel heavy today. His advice was right.
To gave ourselves a reward, we went for dim sum buffet at Merimar Hotel near Great World City. Was starving le...and one of this Lawrence friend, Eugene was gobbling...OMG! 看他这样吃法,我都饱了。 We ordered too much and we must finish the food if not the restaurant would impose a fine on us. Look at how Eugene and couple managed to put up an act and threw all the leftovers into the plastic bag and threw it into the rubbish bin when he went to the gentlmen. 超好笑! I was so fulled that I threw up in the ladies.
I wanted to go for Standared Chartered run next time round. Lawrence was suggesting that I go for the 21 km 的 afterall I feel okay with the 10 km. Haha...hey I need to get myself mentally prepared first lehz. Moreover the Standard Chartered Run falls in December which is right after my Nov exams lehz...no time for training during that time...21km is haha SIAO 啦! Should I take 10km or 21km. Hmmm...I think 10km first lah hor since during this period I would be busy with schoolwork and not much time to train up, unlike this time round where I have been constantly running during the 3 months of summer holidays. OR Should I try a higher level nxt time round? 21 km? So anyone wanna go for the Standard Chartered Run???
Getting headache now, I guess is because of the rain...OMG better don't fall sick! Going to mug AA202 later somemore...and going to skip AA202 lecture tml to celebrate Pauline's 20th birthday @ JEC K-box with Sharon萃萍 and gang. Hee... If you can't sleep, MUGGING is the BEST Way to make you fall asleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home