QiaoQin's Thoughts

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Started my attachment at this small CPA firm under the Audit department.

Yes, it's audit again!

BUT this time round is in a small firm compared to the previous one during the off-peak period in PwC during poly time.

Compared to the previous where there is not much chance for you to learn as an intern in a big firm as they have so many human resources, you get overloaded with work as an intern in a small CPA from the very first day.

No training was given, only a case study manual which is not of much help at all.

Am left to learn how to swim all by myself.

Within the 1st hour of the very first day, am already assigned with a company to perform in-house audit with two big red plastic bags which contains the client source documents.

Here is where all the challenges started, a one-man show~BaoKaLiao - From Planning (which is normally done by an audit manager in a big firm) to Exceution (Audit fieldwork) to Completion.

In planning stage, I am really 'Mo Zhen' 摸针~Have to perform analytical review, assess the client's risk (How I know without going down to the client place?), assessing the materiality level and sample selection planning.

There is of course tight DEAD line to be met. Hiaz...am so inefficient, had carried out the audit work for 5 days, and is not even half completed.

I am cracking my brains every single seconds. Time just passed away quickly and sometimes not even have the time to have a sip of water. I think there are a number of white hairs standing out le. I can't imagine how much I will age at the end of this attachment. Every day is a challenging day and process. I can't imagine what will happen the following weeks to go when I have to go down to the clients place for audit work all by myslef with the accountant trying to smog me through.

Figures, figures and more figures throughout the day result in soring of eyes.

Audit is really......

I can't imagine myself having to endure that when I step into the working society working till late nite or overnite till 5am and back home to have a bath and rush back to office and start working again.~No life!

Dreg working life~ For what purpose? What I stand to gain besides money? The sacrifices one's has to make.

I am pondering over a change in carrer path...

Am lost...

The direction...

What do I want in life?

Is attaining a CPA that important?

What really is there that really suits mi and How should I go about it?

I need some light to guide mi.

How I wish god can come into my dream and tell mi what SUITS mi BEST for my future.


Accounting industry? Banking? Education being a Poly lecturer or a Primary school teacher?


突然间迷失方向了。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home